You have the power to heal.
You have the qualities to be loved.
You have the power to make a fulfilling life.
When you are struggling with mental health Recovery, it can be hard to find the right words to help you feel better. Luckily, there are many affirmations that can help.
Affirmations are positive statements that help you to focus on the good in your life and refocus your thinking. They can be used both before and after an experience that has caused you distress.
Write down what you are grateful for, read that every morning.
Start being useful, help others.
Change your facial expression, smile.
Think about what makes you happy.
Keep yourself busy, do something that is hard for others to do. This will make you stand out in the crowd.
Be kind, be compassionate.
Accept things you cannot change.
Change the little you can.
When you are struggling with mental health recovery, find affirmations that resonate with you and that help you to maintain a positive outlook throughout your journey.
Try affirmations like:
I am strong
I am brave
I am courageous
I am powerful
I am resilient
I am loved
I am enough
I am not alone
I am capable
I am not defined by my struggles
I am worthy
I am recovering from my experience.
I am in control of my thoughts and feelings.
I am accepting myself.
I am working towards a better future.
I am strong and capable.
I am loved and supported.
I am grateful for all the support I have been given.
I am able to cope with my symptoms.
I am moving forward.
My journey is ongoing.
I am strong enough to recover from my mental health disorder.
I am capable of managing my emotions in a healthy way.
I am motivated and determined to take the necessary steps to heal my mind and body.
I am grateful for the progress that I have made thus far, and I will continue to fight until I reach my full potential.
My mental health Recovery is a process, not a destination.
Once you have selected your affirmations, it is important to repeat them daily, when you are feeling down or struggling, or anytime you need a boost. The more often you repeat them, the stronger they will become.
Can you say affirmations in your head?
Yes, you can say affirmations in your head. Your subconscious mind is listening.
Most of those negative thoughts are in our head, we don’t mostly say them aloud. So you can say your affirmations in your head.
But it depends on your personality and what works for you. For some, they like saying it aloud.
Others will start with saying it aloud and them in their head. If you don’t know what works for you, you should try both.
Ways to make affirmations work for you
You are your own person. You are in charge of your own life. You can make affirmations work for you with these 10 tips:
1. Be specific. When you make an affirmation, be as specific as possible. When you affirm, “I am a happy person,” repeat it, until you smile or feel better.
2. Believe in yourself. It’s hard to be confident when you’re not confident in yourself.
3. Practice daily. To make affirmations work for you, they need to be practiced daily. When you do this, you’re working to change your subconscious programming and your thoughts.
4. Know what you want. You can’t make affirmations work for you if you don’t know what you want. You need to know what you want and what you want to change in order to make affirmations work for you.
5. Start small. The key to making affirmations work for you is to start small and work your way up. When you set a goal that’s too big, it can be discouraging and make it seem like the goal is out of reach. Start small and work your way up.
6. Be specific about what you want to change. In order to make affirmations work for you, you need to be specific about what you want to change. If you’re vague about what you want to change, it’s hard to know if the affirmation is working or not.
7. Be patient with yourself. Don’t get discouraged if your affirmations don’t work right away. You need to be patient with yourself and know that change takes time.